The Conservation Fund is seeking a Student Technician to work at our Freshwater Institute in Shepherdstown, WV. The general purpose of this position is to assist with general fish culture, husbandry, and technical tasks related to aquaculture research projects.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Clean and maintain fish culture systems and tanks
- Responsible for overall lab cleanliness
- Take dissolved oxygen and temperature measurements
- Assist with fish length and weight measurements
- Assist with fish harvests
- Take water samples
- Fill feeders, calibrate, and weigh feed
- Assist with data entry
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Prospective interns should be pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Biology, or other scientific field.
- The duties require a 10-15 hr/week time commitment, preferably during the morning.
- We are looking for hard-working, motivated, and trustworthy individuals that can work independently after initial instruction.
- Must be attentive to detail, willing to listen/learn and have a desire to work in an aquaculture environment.
- The individual must be capable of lifting 50 lb. feed bags.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information about The Conservation Fund, visit our website at www.conservationfund.org. To gain more knowledge regarding the Freshwater Institute, visit www.freshwaterinstitute.org. Interested candidates, please send your resume with cover letter explaining interest to:
Qualified/interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
The Conservation Fund
Fax: (703) 525-4610