Natural CapitalInvestment Fund
Investors and Funders
InvestorsNCIF manages $27 million from private foundations, financial institutions, public agencies and individuals who support our mission of creating environmentally and economically healthy communities in rural and under-served regions of Appalachia and the Southeast. By growing our pool of capital, investors can help mission-driven entrepreneurs – and their communities – achieve economic and environmental success.
We have a steadfast record of successful business lending: over $25 million lent to 185 companies over 15 years, while maintaining low loss rates. We credit this success to our rigorous underwriting process and the technical assistance we provide to our borrowers.
NCIF is an Aeris ® rated Community Development Financial Institution. We measure and report on our impact through an annual survey of portfolio companies.
To inquire about investments in Natural Capital Investment Fund, contact Marten Jenkins, CEO at (304) 870-2207, or email@example.com.
Our work would not be possible without the generous support and confidence of the foundations, agencies, corporations, and individuals who have provided NCIF with charitable contributions and investments:
- Appalachian Regional Commission
- Appalachian Power
- Associated Hardwoods, Inc.
- Branch Banking & Trust CRA & Community Development
- Branch Banking & Trust West Virginia Foundation
- Calvert Foundation
- Charles M. and Mary D. Grant Foundation
- Citi Communities at Work Fund
- Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation
- Clients of Fresh Pond Capital
- Clients of the Sustainability Group / Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge Trust, LLC
- Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI)
- Darrin & Shaula Massena Family Fund
- First Citizens Bank
- Ford Foundation
- Golden LEAF Foundation
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation
- HSBC Technology & Services (USA), Inc.
- JP Morgan Chase
- Laughing Gull Foundation
- Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation
- McKnight Foundation
- NC Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation Trust Fund
- NC Rural Economic Development Center
- NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission
- NCIF Board of Directors & Staff
- Nora Roberts Foundation
- One Foundation
- PNC Community Development Co.
- PNC Foundation
- SunTrust Bank
- Starbucks via Create Jobs for USA
- TD Bank
- USDA Rural Development
- U.S. Department of Treasury – CDFI Fund
- U.S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities
- U.S. Economic Development Administration
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Wells Fargo Community Investment Holding, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Foundation
- Weyerhaeuser Giving Fund
- Winston-Salem Community Foundation
- Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation