Land Advisory Services
D.R. Horne & CompanyEstablished in 1982 by Douglas R. Horne, D. R. Horne & Company is a real estate consulting firm that provides strategic land planning, asset management and development services, with particular expertise in projects of natural, cultural or historical significance. Through a close working relationship with The Conservation Fund, D. R. Horne conducts resource assessments, physical and financial analysis, and provides strategies for land protection, disposition, and sustainable development.
D. R. Horne has partnered with The Fund on numerous projects since our founding. Examples include:
- Planning a 260-acre innovative open space network within a neo-traditional mixed use town in Florida;
- Creating a community-based master use plan for 65,000 acres of significant cultural, environmental, agricultural, and commercial lands on Hawaii’s least developed island;
- Producing a master plan and budgets for environmentally-based tourism on 20,000 acres in Georgia;
- Evaluating the development and conservation potential of an important 260-acre parcel near Polis Harbor on Nantucket;
- Facilitating protection of 2,000 acres of fields and forests adjacent to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park while responsibly expanding a conservation-oriented resort development; and
- Working with citizens and government officials to develop a Community Vision Plan for a historic Chesapeake Bay waterfront community on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
For more information about D.R. Horne, visit their website.
You can also contact Douglas R. Horne, President, directly: