- Minority Landowner, a monthly periodical featuring articles and information specifically targeting minority landowners in the southeastern United States and the issues they face. Contact Victor L. Harris at 919-215-1632 or email@example.com
- Value-Added and Alternative Agriculture ToolKit, from the NCSU College of Agriculture and Life Sciences providing an overview and on-line references.
Capacity Building and Organizational Development
- Board Café, an electronic newsletter exclusively for members of nonprofit boards of directors. Short enough to read over a cup of coffee, Board Café offers a menu of ideas, information, opinion, news, and resources to help board members give and get the most out of board service. There are over 70 great issues in the archive!
- Landowner Assistance Programs and Grants Tool Kit contains information about programs and grants available through the government and private organizations for landowners. Download the PDF version. (Note: This file is 5.2 MB. If this is too large to download, please contact us and we will send you a copy via mail.)
- Voluntary Conservation Easements, published by Conservation Trust for North Carolina, provides an overview of easements and how they work. Download the .pdf version here.
- Natural Capital Investment Fund, provides debt and equity financing to small and emerging natural resource-based businesses that will advance sustainable economic development throughout West Virginia and Western North Carolina. NCIF provides critical, timely capital that supports business expansion, creates employment opportunities and develops the rural tax base. NCIF also provides targeted technical assistance to build the non-financial capacity of our clients.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals works to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs-
- Chronicle of Philanthropy, provides the most recent edition of the periodical on the web.
- Finance Project, provides research, technical assistance and training to finance and sustain initiatives that better children, families, communities.
- Foundation Center, provides online background on many foundations.
- Grantsmanship Center (TGCI) provides a free quarterly magazine and comprehensive fee-based grant writing trainings
- GuideStar, providing information on most foundations and nonprofits.
- Kim Klein, a nationally known nonprofit fundraising author and lecturer. Look for Grassroots Fundraising Journal at www.chardonpress.com or 888-458-8588.
- NC Giving, provides the most comprehensive overview of all NC foundations including location, trustees/decision makers, grantees and the foundation’s geographic and issue focus. Capital Development Services publishes NC Giving and can be reached in Raleigh at 1-800-729-4553 or 919-854-9775 or www.capdev.com. Capital Development also provides free online counseling, a free online newsletter and other fee-based services related to capital campaigns.
- Philanthropy Journal, a free weekly e-newsletter published by the A.J. Fletcher Foundation.
- National Rural Funders Collaborative, a collaborative philanthropic initiative that provides useful information via website.
- Tax Exempt World, online information on foundations.
- AssetBuilding.org, a web-based resource that provides information on assets related news, policy, and research.
- Carsey Institute, conducts research and analysis on the challenges facing families and communities in New Hampshire, Northern New England, and the nation, providing information to policymakers, practitioners, the media and the general public. Provides reports and publications on issues affecting rural America.
Social Justice Issues
- Center for Diversity and the Environment, providing information about organizations, people, research, and strategies that are diversifying the environmental movement.
- Dismantling Racism, a process designed to help leaders and organizations that want to proactively understand and address racism, both in the organization and in the community where the organization is working.
- HandMade in America, working to implement environmentally sustainable economic solutions that emphasize the craft industry, enhance opportunities in the marketplace, and develop entrepreneurial strategies for the region’s crafts artisans.
- VisitNC, official State of NC tourism website. Monthly news link available on website or by contacting Publications Director at 919.733.8302.
- Oasis Center, providing life-changing opportunities through youth leadership training and crisis intervention.
- Question Why Youth Empowerment Centers of NC, encouraging empowerment of youth as leaders. Question Why offers a series of train-the-trainer programs for youth leaders and quarterly workshops for adult leaders.