Green Infrastructure Webinar Series
The Conservation Fund, with support from the US Forest Service, hosted a series of webinars in the fall of 2011 on cutting-edge topics on green infrastructure planning initiatives and applications. See below for archives and additional resources from each webinar.
WEBINAR #3 ARCHIVE: Military Implementation of Green Infrastructure
Representatives from the US Air Force, US Army, and US Marine Corps discussed how green infrastructure is being used on their installations to support broader sustainability goals.
- Audio Recording of Webinar #3 (mp3 file)
- Tinker Air Force Base Green Infrastructure Plan presentation (PDF), John Krupovage, U.S. Air Force
- Sustainable Fort Carson presentation (PDF), Mary Barber, U.S. Army
- The Power of Partnerships presentation (PDF), Paul Friday, U.S. Marine Corps
WEBINAR #2 ARCHIVE: International Applications of Green Infrastructure
This webinar highlighted the latest in how green infrastructure is being implemented in the European Union and in South America from leading practitioners!
- Audio Recording of Webinar #2 (mp3 file)
- Green Infrastructure in Europe, presented by Graham Bennett
- Green Infrastructure in Brazil, presented by Denise Levy
WEBINAR #1 ARCHIVE: Using Green Infrastructure to Prevent Disease Vectors
This webinar explored how Green Infrastructure contributes to human health through the prevention of transmission of disease vectors through ecosystem management and land use strategies.
- Audio Recording of Webinar #1 (mp3 file)
- Overview of Green Infrastructure (PDF), presented by Kendra Briechle, The Conservation Fund
- Ecosystems, Biodiversity and Human Health: Links to Green Infrastructure Planning (PDF), presented by Montira Pongsiri, US EPA
- Strategic Conservation Through Green Infrastructure Planning: Implications for Lyme’s Disease (PDF), presented by Matt Nicholson, US EPA
- Planners, Ticks, and the White-Footed Mouse (article)
- EPA Region III Green Infrastructure Activities
- EPA’s Interdisciplinary Initiative on Biodiversity and Human Health