The Conservation Fund offers the nation’s leading carbon sequestration program.
A market leader in carbon sequestration, the Fund has restored more than 26,000 acres and planted more than 8 million trees, which will capture an estimated 9 million tons of carbon dioxide equivalent from the atmosphere over their lifetime.
Key Program Attributes
- Tangible Results; Sequestration rates as high as 360 tons per acre over a 100-year period; delivering tangible results within our partners’ budgets and time frames
- Comprehensive: Provides a turn-key service including site identification, land acquisition, reforestation, land management and carbon monitoring
Carbon Sequestration Partners
The following organizations join with the Fund on carbon sequestration projects through restoration of America’s forests:
- American Electric Power Company, Inc.
- ChevronTexaco Corporation
- Cinergy Corporation
- DTE Energy
- Environmental Synergy, Inc.
- PowerTree Carbon Company LLC
- Reliant Energy
- Winrock International